Setting Up VR in UE

So mentally back tracking on how to set up all the hardware/software:

  • I need the optitrack computer to talk to the VR computer (the one in the back with the headset attached) via networking. Thus far, I have gotten the beast and the optitrack computer to talk via wifi connection, so that’s probably my best bet 
  •  Next is that I need to get the correct version of unreal on the VR computer, along with the plugin 
    •  The correct version for UE is 4.22.3 
    •  The plugin for optitrack 1.22 
  •  Need a human to stream into with a headset 
    •  Will need to figure out how to marker up with a headset...also, how am I supposed to keep someone in volume with the headset on...

(11:06am) 
As of today, I plan to set up the VR computer with the correct software and plugins, and build out a scene with the vicon model (it’s the easiest, and we know it works as opposed to a custom rig). I think at the moment the best way to get this to work by Monday is to have a separate object that isn’t attached to the model in anyway be placed in scene with its movement controlled by player movement. 

My brain hurts thinking about this.

I also ran into this weird issue when I was setting up UE 4.22.3 on the VR computer:
At that point I was fed up because UE takes forever (not really but a long time) to install a version. I plan on finding the issue and solution online later tonight or tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vacation Work Pt.1

What Even is Research

To VR, or Not to VR